Sunday, 3 November 2019

[Childrens Book] Cpt Kitty


A Passion Project



This has been an on-going dream since I was young, drawing and writing stories along with poetry.

(Perhaps deep down 'crazy-cat-lady' part of me is head over heels for the little cat♥)


A few years ago, about 6 - 7 years ago, it felt like it would be nice to write poetically while I write stories. My illustrations had been complimented a few times but I hadn't thought much about publishing these together.



The Goals
·         Finish drafts: The written draft is ready - illustrations not. (currently)
·         Layout: Once illustrations completed. (currently)
·         Publish book: If possible, I would love to finally achieve the first edition.
·         Distribute books: once printed.


Labor of Love
When? Knowing that motivation is predictable, an ebook is realistic by May 2020.
Why? Creativity can be unpredictable, a physical copy eta from May 2020 - Jul 2023


Risks Assessment
   Product 
1. Colours - RGB (web) CYMK(printing). 
2. Size - Compact book with large font. 

   Price 
1. Book Manufacturing costs - Full art cover, 14 x 14 cm, gloss paper (estimate: £19.98). 
2. Book Delivery costs - ebook(free) book(estimate: £2.99). 

   People 
1. Creator - time and energy balance. 
2. Customers - replies may take up to 24 hours - 3 days (varies on weekends). 

   Promotion 
1. Offers - may change due to local costs or vendor costs changing. 

   Place 
1. UK - Currency in United Kingdom is GBP, great british pound. 

   Process 
1."The Goals" - may change due to unforeseen circumstances. (Hoping this doesn't happen!) 

   Physical Evidence 
1. Updates - Weekly to Bi-weekly updates to show progression.




A little preview and progress on what is happening with a few on-going projects.

12 pages remaining!
There's about 24 pages and 3 pages I've left white for now.

I'm trying to complete this by Monday 4th November 2019 ♥

Order 10 copies and have them by mid-late November this month ^___^!!!





Thank you for your continual support!

No comments:

Post a Comment